Monday, June 1, 2009

What's Growing in My Garden?

The first pick of the garden goes to the Zucchini on May 25th


The tallest plant in the garden is the Yellow Pear Tomato


The longest plant in the garden is the pumpkin with a span of about 10-12'. There are 3 plants in the picture.


Here is the first baby pumpkin "Cinderella".


The watermelon are quite a bit behind the pumpkins, but they were planted later, so I have to give them a break!


The first yellow squash growing.


Bush cucumbers, by the way, not as in George Bush :)


The first cucumber (can you see it?)


Last, but not least, the strawberry patch. We were given these blocks for free and I think using them for the strawberry bed gives it kind of a rustic country look.


In case you are wondering about the beige color on the ground in some of the pictures, that is for weed control. I decided I did not want to weed between the pumpkin vines or around tomato plants - both make me itch.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, I wish we lived close enough for you to show me how to do this. I would love to have such a beautiful garden. I'm especially envious of the strawberry patch. That's my favorite fruit, and they're best straight from the garden! You will have some good eating in the future, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete